Re: [OM] OT tablet question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT tablet question
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 09:43:38 -0500
On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Consider a Windows 8.1 tablet if you need to use it for anything else
> but media.

That's what I wanted because I wanted to be able to use my Office suite for
some actual work from time to time. I'd still like a Surface Pro, but I
picked up a Dell 14" laptop with 8.1 for half the price (but about 3x the
weight). I am mostly convinced I did the right thing.  Smallness and
lightness is a matter of degrees and might be considered a luxury after a
certain threshold.

But I'm also probably going to get a Nokia/Windows phone the next time
around.  The Android galaxy is interesting but untidy.  I'm quite
comfortable with Windows and have old friends over that side of the divide.

Joel W.