Re: [OM] Mirrorless polarizers

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrorless polarizers
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 01:42:02 +0000 (UTC)
WB - Sunny (taken outdoors). Forgot to mention....any shadows are due to wind
blown branches.  Thanks for looking.

----- Original Message -----From: usher99@aol.comTo:
olympus@thomasclausen.netSent: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 00:08:26 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
[OM] Mirrorless polarizers

Interesting experiment, thanks for posting.There is no AA filter on the EM-1 to
interact with the linear pol. I am not aware that Oly published anything on how
they achievePDAF on the sensor but if it is like Fuji, nothing jumps out as
fouling up the works like the beam splitters in DSLR's.I can't see much
difference on this really lousy work monitor but will check at home. Would
expect the circular pol to really "elliptically polarize"the light (assuming
the illuminating light had a fair amount of polarization itself) as the quarter
wave plate will not have an identical effectat all wavelenths. Depending on the
construction would usually expect a slight warming effect all else being equal.
I trust auto WB not employed.

Linear pols may have found a new lease on life--(still work fine on my OM-2 as
well).

Mike--