[OM] Mirrorless polarizers

Subject: [OM] Mirrorless polarizers
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:08:26 -0400 (EDT)
Interesting experiment, thanks for posting.
There is no AA filter on the EM-1  to interact with the linear pol.   I
am not aware that Oly published anything on how they achieve
PDAF on the sensor but if it is like Fuji, nothing jumps out as fouling
up the works like the beam splitters in DSLR's.
I can't see much  difference on this  really lousy work monitor but
will check at home. Would expect the circular pol to really
"elliptically polarize"
the light (assuming the illuminating light had a fair amount of
polarization itself) as the quarter wave plate will not have an
identical effect
at all wavelenths.  Depending on the construction would usually expect
a slight warming effect all else being equal.  I trust auto WB not
employed.

Linear pols may have found a new lease on life--(still work fine on my
OM-2 as well).

Mike