Re: [OM] In case you hadn't heard....

Subject: Re: [OM] In case you hadn't heard....
From: Daniel Sepke <dansepke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 15:02:45 -0400
My apologies to the international members...

At least in NC the rule for mail order is to charge the appropriate county rate
you are delivering to. With all the attendant local taxes applied, if valid
(some NC counties have the permission to levee a local tax but are not
enforcing it yet). Back when I had my business there it was a pain to figure
out and impossible to explain to customers. Oh and totally unsupported by every
vendor working on my behalf. This is why I have trouble supporting Internet
sales tax legislation as there are likely 1000's of permutations of sales tax
rates in the USA. They are often impossible to calculate with a zip code,
sometimes following county lines. In my experience only business that asks for
my county is UPS, not even Amazon appear to ask.

Dan S