[OM] Anybody using magicJack? Got comments?

Subject: [OM] Anybody using magicJack? Got comments?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:52:42 -0400
The cable/internet/phone company we'll have to use when we move to South
Carolina is an old telephone co-op. Their internet and cable services
seem reasonable from a function and cost standpoint (fiber service
direct to the house) but their phone services seem a bit like pre-AT&T
breakup... (very) local calls are free but "long-distance" is billed at
a monthly rate + 5-10 cents/minute.  I feel like I'm being backed up
some 20 years on the phone service.

I think the right thing to do is maintain a purely local number for
purely local or incoming calls but use a separate phone on magicJack for
outgoing long distance calls.  But I have no experience with magicJack.
  Can anyone give me some feedback?

Thanks,
Chuck Norcutt