Re: [OM] IMG: Dried-in

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Dried-in
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 11:02:17 -0800
> Nowadays, I have two chain saws, both electric.
I forgot to mention the little Makita electric chainsaw I have. Around
here they aren't generally acknowledged as "real" outdoor chainsaws.
Still they are capable tools if of high quality.  About 90% are junk.
They are useful mainly in construction. A decent HD extension cord and
close proximity to power required obviously.   My daughter is using it
to notch bales in her strawbale house. It's an older version of this:
<http://makita.com/en-us/Modules/Tools/ToolDetails.aspx?Name=5012B>

At one time I tried a large electric Milwaukee and it worked OK on small
stuff if kept very sharp. It lacked poop and was just too time consuming
grinding away plus the hassle with the cord. And only useful within 50'
of the house. No firewood there. I traded it for two storage sheds and a
tent :)

My #1 saw now is a Stihl MS361 w/25" bar