Re: [OM] projecting images on to a big screen

Subject: Re: [OM] projecting images on to a big screen
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 08:13:24 -0600
The 750p would refer to what HDTV input standard it complies with.
This is different than standard computer video connectivity. Is the
computer directly connected to the projector or is the computer
connected to a HDTV video switcher/editor that is being used for
switching and mixing multiple sources, such as cameras and Chiron?
Regardless, I would do the 1200x720 image size and call it a day.

Ken

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 7:49 AM, John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I asked earlier for advice about using a digital image projector. I received
> the following information about the projector in question:
>
> "Regarding the projector that we have here it is a Panasonic model #
> PT-AE500U.  Looking at the specifications the mode is a 750p with the aspect
> ratio at 1280 : 720."
>
> If I generate a JPEG image file measuring 1,280 x 720 pixels, using either
> 72 or 100 pixels / inch for my own on-screen viewing, will that image work
> with that Panasonic without being distorted in any way?
>
> I have no idea what the "750p" refers to and whether that should, or should
> not, be considered when cropping the original image down to 1,280 x 720
> pixels. If it should please advise me what the 750p means and what steps I
> should take.
>
> Thanks
>
> jh

Ken Norton