Re: [OM] projecting images on to a big screen

Subject: Re: [OM] projecting images on to a big screen
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 18:06:15 -0600
On 2/17/14 18:01 : , John Hudson wrote:
> I have a question on an issue about which I know little.
>
> A friend wants to use some of my 900 pixel x 600 pixel web site images [all
> 100 pixels / inch] for projecting onto a large screen on the wall. She would
> like to copy the images from the site onto a memory stick and then project
> the images via the stick in her lap top through a projector onto the wall
> screen.
>
> Question ............... is there a rule of thumb for determining the long
> and short sides of  the image in pixels and the pixels per inch of
> resolution to ensure a viewable image on the wall screen of any given size
> in long side and short side inches? The viewing distance of human eyes to
> the screen may be say 12 feet or more.
>
> jh

That doesn't matter.  What matters is the resolution of the projector.
If it's a standard office projector, it will be 1024x768.  There are
some higher-def (I think the term is WXGA) projectors now, but they may
be 1920x1080 or some variation.  The chip in the projector would be
native at 1024x768, so the long side of the image in landscape should be
1024.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard