Re: [OM] Panasonic/Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-150

Subject: Re: [OM] Panasonic/Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-150
From: "piers@xxxxxxxx" <piers.hemy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 08:34:24 +0000
You need to moderate your disbelief with some hands on experience, Nathan.
I had one of these lenses for a couple of years.  Bought it as an all in
one travel lens to replace a Zuiko 18-180, (which was an unacceptable set
of compromises). The Leica lens was so good that it stayed as a virtual
fixture on my E5 long after the holiday was a memory. My only comment would
be that at 150mm it showed noticeable chromatic aberration on very high
contrast edges such as mountain tops against the sky.

I generally used body stabilisation when available, but OIS was of course
valued when used on my IR converted E450.

Oh and relatively compact and robust - including surviving a fall from 1.5
metres onto a concrete surface without any problems!  I didn't feel the
need to tell the buyer...  and he has not complained! Having intended to
keep mine only for the duration of the given holiday, I only eventually
sold mine to find a 35-100/2 which was available got the right price.

If you have found one, Joel, don't hesitate to buy because you won't regret
it. But there is always a ready market.

Piers