Re: [OM] IMG: Baalbek and Roman Ruins

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Baalbek and Roman Ruins
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:26:41 -0500
  Heard an interview recently with someone working for the group in the US
tasked with long term storage of movies. The dilemma is what to do with
movies only "filmed" in digital? Their plan is to have each digital movie
transferred to film which, under the conditions of their underground
storage facility, is projected to last 1000 years. Not sure how they know
that but it is easier than constantly transfering to the latest and
greatest storage medium. And to say nothing of ensuring you have the proper
drivers for reading some ancient file type.

Charlie