Re: [OM] IMG: Baalbek and Roman Ruins

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Baalbek and Roman Ruins
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 12:12:01 -0400
When the storage platform for those digital images can no longer be read
from the images will be lost. For as long as I have vision, a magnifying
glass and a source of light my K25's be still be viewable. I know of people
who have huge collections on digital media ..... DVDs, memory sticks, stand
alone hard drives, etc ....... but when that media becomes tomorrow's eight
track cartridges and 3 1/4" floppy disks they will have the choice of
transferring all the media storage onto the then new storage media or losing
their images. I do not read very much anywhere about the issue of image
permanency from this time forward.

jh