Re: [OM] Why ladies like big cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Why ladies like big cameras
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 12:27:21 -0600
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 11:00 AM, philippe.amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>wrote:

> Le 4 févr. 14 à 15:51, Bob Whitmire a écrit :
>
> > big rigs with f:2.8 glass,
>

> Wish one such had been used wide open in this series  - f.7 or so
> often gets the background crowds too obvious and the subjects
> disappear among the lines and colours ...
>
> A nice parade all the same :-)
> Thanks for sharing

You got the stop right, Philippe.  Some were shot at f5.6, but most at f7.
They were moving, at an angle to me, the lens is OK but on the slower side
for AF (it's actually a film lens but EOS so it works), and I was a little
worried about acceptable focus. But I would probably have shot it no more
open than f5.6 even if I had had the bigger stops.  Don't know why I'm
wired up like that.  Good to have your feedback, and thanks for looking.

Joel W.