[OM] OT--Speaker rebuild question

Subject: [OM] OT--Speaker rebuild question
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 13:03:39 -0500 (EST)
25 years or so on these guys. I read the  big ol' yellow caps in the
crossovers in this version are tough as nails. Had to refoam the
wooders a few years back
but all seems OK. I see Regnar bought Dahlquist and have a reasonably
priced factory rebulid program--send in wooders for a complete rebuild
as well as crossovers--all caps replaced and silver soldered, and
checked to be in spec. The woofers have paper, glue/ spiders so seems
that a CLA might be a reasonable approach. On the other hand that
violates if it ain't broke  don't fix it principle and I really don't
know how long these things last in good working order.

They sound Ok now.

Listening carefully for any comments, Mike