Re: [OM] Dangerous Ice!

Subject: Re: [OM] Dangerous Ice!
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:16:20 -0500
  It wasn't so much the snow, but the ice that preceded it. It snowed a few
inches on top of the ice and once cars drove on it, it compacted to form
more ice. To my knowledge, despite its size, Atlanta has no salt trucks, so
those on the icy beltway were doomed to be stuck. Traffic on the interstate
belt around the city is nightmarish in the best of times, so adding the ice
brought it to a halt. The city should have been better prepared, as they
went through the exact same thing in 2011. A city this size, that is so
dependent on interstates, is just going to have to purchase a small fleet
of salt trucks to run the interstates when this type of weather is
predicted.

Charlie