Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 22:01:15 +0100
Hmm.. I understood the UK government starts to have a reputation on the
continent for blaming the EU for non-popular regulations.

60mph ~ 100km/h so nothing really shocking there. And anyway, fine
particles are a real threat to health, and speed limits are not very sexy,
so I 'm not surprised citizens have to be protected from their local
government regarding air pollution.

Just today a judge in the Netherlands ruled that an increase of the speed
limit from 80 km/h to 100 km/h (remember, the liberals on the move) on the
west ring around Amsterdam was an inaccurate decision, about not using
accurate fine particle measurements. So it will be back to 50 mph unless
the minister will appeal (probably, as she is a liberal ;-).

To put it in perspective consider the density of population around here.
Netherlands is around nr 24 on this list: <
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories_by_population_density>.
But the area in this country with most people is in top 10 territory with
1000-1200 people/km2.

Best, Frank