Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 17:28:49 -0600
> Secondly, there was a piece on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart a while back,
> at least I believe that's where I saw it. Had to do with the vote in Colorado
> to recall the president (?) of the state senate, who had guided a strict set
> of new firearms regulations through the legislature. While the polling showed
> roughly 90 percent of the state in favor of the reforms, when it came time to
> put pencil to paper, the senator was removed because the only people who
> bothered to vote were those angered by the new restrictions. Those who
> favored them could not be bothered to actually go to a polling place and vote.

Colorado is an interesting state when it comes to politics. Everything
there is one extreme or the other. I tried to find a reasonable voice
on the radio or television and it was not to be found. Everybody is
yelling past each other. But to this recall, it's easy to explain. The
progressives that could have stopped it were too busy getting stoned
on their now legal pot.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx