Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Open data in the Netherlands
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 17:45:56 -0500
First of all, for the Language Police, let me extend our thanks for not using
the phrase "begs the question by whom . . ." I feel there is hope for this
blighted world. <g>

Secondly, there was a piece on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart a while back, at
least I believe that's where I saw it. Had to do with the vote in Colorado to
recall the president (?) of the state senate, who had guided a strict set of
new firearms regulations through the legislature. While the polling showed
roughly 90 percent of the state in favor of the reforms, when it came time to
put pencil to paper, the senator was removed because the only people who
bothered to vote were those angered by the new restrictions. Those who favored
them could not be bothered to actually go to a polling place and vote.

Therein lies the answer to your question, I believe.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal