Re: [OM] Trigger pulled Sony Nex-7 on the way. Suggestions on OM Zuiko a

Subject: Re: [OM] Trigger pulled Sony Nex-7 on the way. Suggestions on OM Zuiko adapter,
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 16:37:20 -0600
> My point is that Metabones needs to make the Speedbooster less than
> Olympus needs Metabones to make the Speedbooster. According to the
> financials, Olympus is still sucking muck even with the high success
> of the OM-D. And you can't even blame that on the past company sins.
> This is current sales which aren't keeping pace. The imaging division
> has not made a profit and is continuing to be propped up by sales of
> endoscopes.

Sorry, I meant to include Fujifilm and Panasonic in that last
statement. I didn't mean to single out Olympus in it. But SONY has
already moved on with Full-Frame, leaving Fujifilm, Olympus and
Panasonic with crop-sensor cameras trying to compete with a full-frame
solution in the adapted lens market. WHY would any photographer with a
stash of high-quality lenses give a rip about a crop-sensor camera
WITHOUT a Speedbooster reduction optic when a full-frame solution is
available.

Given that Olympus, specifically, is touting the adapted lens
"advantage", this is an important point. Olympus' claimed advantage is
nothing more than a sham now that the A7 is available.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx