Re: [OM] what does my eye spy...

Subject: Re: [OM] what does my eye spy...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 15:20:38 -0800
On 1/11/2014 2:28 PM, Jez Cunningham wrote:
> "Totally reliable" except for the bracelet pins!

Ah, yes.

Crewing on a ketch in a midwinter series race. Lots of wind, which was where
our boat was at its best. Raising the
mizzen staysail, the luff snapped up as the sail filled, caught under my watch,
and I watched it sail high in the air,
then drop into Raccoon Straight.

On a beam reach in a stiff breeze, we powered right past our nemesis, a 5.5
meter boat called Feather, owned and
skippered by a famous NorCal sailor. A great day.

There are, of course, those straps that go all the way around the wrist,
holding the watch on their surface. Odd feeling
- and SO dorky. :-)

Zephyr Moose