Re: [OM] what does my eye spy...

Subject: Re: [OM] what does my eye spy...
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 17:11:50 -0400
John H wrote that "Rolex only make mechanical timepieces!" which is true,
"make" being in the present. I never did say that the company had never made
quartz driven timepieces.

What got my attention some time back was a lawyer at a Rotary supper who was
showing his new stainless steel Rolex GMT Master ..... the one with the 24
hour red and blue outer rotating dial and the 24 hour hand. I told him it
was a fake. He was not pleased. I told him to look at the second hand which
went round click / click. He was still not pleased with me. I told, hey,
look at mine, the second hand goes round smoothly and mine is genuine,
mechanical and cost me US$200 equivalent brand new in Hong Hong. He knew all
along but was irked that he had been found out !  His fake piece did look
quite authentic at a quick glance but the finish of the case and the sleeves
round the crown were just not quite right.

jh