Re: [OM] what does my eye spy...

Subject: Re: [OM] what does my eye spy...
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:58:08 +0100
The Rolex movement is also not fully smooth although the frequency is
much faster than a second.  When I bought mine I asked about the
chronometer certification which IIRC was that it can lose 1 sec per day
or gain 6 to meet the requirements. How long mechanical watches are
worn, in the soon to be era of the smartwatch will be interesting will
it die as quick as vinyl and film ;-)  for me I will always wear one but
modern kids don't.

last year I sent my late step fathers longines watch to be factory
restored, probably a total waste of money but its a nice looking watch
and its about the memory, its a shame he couldn't see it and benefit
from it. Maybe I am wrong but I don't see any of my children being
bothered with such extravagant reminiscence ;-)

IanW