[OM] The Sony SLT, was: Mirrorless doomed?

Subject: [OM] The Sony SLT, was: Mirrorless doomed?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 13:20:53 -0500
I wondered myself what Sony was doing in the DSLR market and it would
appear that Ken is correct... Sony DSLR production seems to have stopped
some years ago.  I inferred that from checking the test dates of Sony
cameras at DPReview.  I see that the last camera tested and labeled as a
DSLR was the A580 in May, 2010.  The only Sony DSLR-like cameras tested
after that (Aug, 2010 - Nov, 2013) are the SLT models which have an EVF
for viewing and a fixed, semi-transparent mirror to feed the
phase-detect AF sensors. DPReview labels these not as DSLRs but as SLT
which is Sony's own designation for "Single Lens Translucent".

To cement the message, if you search B&H for "Sony DSLR" the only camera
body items returned are all SLT models.  If you want a real Sony DSLR
now your only recourse is the used market.

Chuck Norcutt