Re: [OM] Mirrorless doomed?

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrorless doomed?
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 21:41:44 -0600
On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 2:42 PM, <usher99@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2013/12/29/business/29reuters-japan-cameras.html?hp&_r=2&;
>
> Sending OOC Jpegs to phone is exactly what I personally would like so
> can quickly send a nice image when traveling and process them more
> carefully when get home.  Those Sony clip-on doohickeys seem like most
> of the trouble and little of the benefit of carrying a very capable cam.

It sort of explains why I never see any EVIL cameras in the big box
stores.  They have only little nasty digicams (maybe they are OK, I just am
not interested) and bottom of the line Canaan or Nikorn SLRs or maybe a D60
or two.  None of this interests me.  If it all about getting photos to
Farcebook, I volunteer to go down with the ship.

Does it explain why Olympus is keeping the doors open to the E system via
the E-M1 adapter?  Might there be an E-7 in my future?

So mirrorless is caviar to the general?  So what!  So is Leica and pretty
much anything else worth a fig in this life.

I'm also not sure how much to credit an article that says Olympus just gave
up making DSLRs this past year.  The E-5 came out in, what, 2010?

I think we'd better carry on.

Joel W.