Re: [OM] Mirrorless doomed?

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrorless doomed?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 17:06:34 -0800
On 1/4/2014 3:29 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Aren't all Sony's mirrorless, even the big ones?
> The mirror in them has nothing to do with viewfinding.

Wait, I'm getting whiplash here. Sony's stopped making their DSLRs with the
flippy mirrors? Last I knew, they were
making both kinds, but I don't follow them.

 From a market segment standpoint, I think the SLTs with fixed, partially
silvered mirrors would be still be classified
as DSLRs. That's their size and shape, they take the lens line from the DSLRs
and they are certainly quite unlike the
NEX cameras and other mirrorless cameras with short register distances.

I see they are called DSLRs on B&H's site.

Acronymically Challenged Moose