Re: [OM] My Last Photo of 2013 - Group Project?

Subject: Re: [OM] My Last Photo of 2013 - Group Project?
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 06:06:51 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>      That's a decent looking Schwinn.  Is it a Traveller model?  I have a
>> Le Tour, but I want to sell it to make room for others.  Someone had
>> painted it black over the Pearlescent Orange and the paint is slowly
>> peeling off.  Rides nice.
>>

>Nope, Continental.  Made in Chicago.  Brazed joints, thin tubes.  Heavy
>frame.

     I wonder how many Schwinn models used the same frame?  Peugeot used the
same frame for many of their models and you tell them apart by the amount of
chroome.  Motobécane used their 1020 frame on at least two models, and the
components set them apart.

>I converted the bottom bracket to European with an adapter and put in a
>used Sugano crankset.  I prefer down tube shifters and it was a bit of a
>job to make something work, but they are a joy to use now.

     I'm too tall to be comfortable with downtubes as I have to lean down to
reach them, and that moves my centre of gravity.  I generally ride 60cm to 64cm
frames, and I use either stem shifters or barcons.  Tried a set of thumbies on
a road bike once, but they came off after one trip around the block.  Turned
out to be unfeasable for drop handlebars.

Chris

When the going gets weird, the weird go pro
     - Hunter S. Thompson