Re: [OM] EVF delay, shutter shock & the meaning of life

Subject: Re: [OM] EVF delay, shutter shock & the meaning of life
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 17:55:36 +0000 (UTC)
Interesting article & comments.....thanks for posting.  Haven't used mine
enough to form opinions yet.  Retirement is too busy!!

----- Original Message -----From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
olympus@thomasclausen.netSent: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 01:12:26 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
[OM] EVF delay, shutter shock & the meaning of life

A paean to the E-M1 on Steve Huff's site appeared this week, written by someone
who had previously used the E-M5. So I asked him if he'd noticed any difference
between the two cameras regarding shutter shock or EVF delay. He hadn't. No
problem. Then some other well-meaning fellow wondered if it both issues weren't
all a myth, FUD or user error. Or a rank beginner's lack of knowledge. I tried
to answer him without being nasty, hope I succeeded.

My first post is #39, see that and the three
following.http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2013/12/19/the-olympus-om-d-e-m1-vs-the-rest-of-the-industry-by-william-rappard/#comment-270457

I mention this because I was just trying to get some information about whether
the E-M1 was worth upgrading from the E-M5. But it appears that what concerns
me is so esoteric that most people just go "Huh?," or use it as an opening to
propound a pet theory, having never looked at the problem themselves.

I've noted that a large body of people on photo blogs tend to dismiss anything
that can't be proven "scientifically." And their standards are so high that
nothing can ever be proven, leaving them the freedom to be always right. I
remember the same thing happening when numerous people, myself included, found
that "legacy" lenses didn't meter correctly on many DSLRs (including
E-thingies) at very wide and very arrow apertures. "No, you must be doing
something wrong," they said.

Yeah, I know, it's the Internet.

--Peter, who believes the bumblebee *can* fly, because, darn it, he's
consistently seen it happen.--