Re: [OM] Does software choice matter in producing image "quality" ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Does software choice matter in producing image "quality" ?
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:19:18 -0500
I'm going out on a limb here, but I think it's more apparent when printing on
matte papers, such as Epson's Ultra Smooth Fine Art. With luster or glossy
papers, I haven't felt the need to make any adjustments.

One nice thing about LR now is that in the Print module, if you have opted not
to soft proof in Develop, there are two sliders, one for brightness, the other
for contrast. They make very subtle changes in the print. Problem is, you don't
see the adjustment on the screen, so it's strictly Kentucky windage until you
get a sense of how the sliders work.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal