Re: [OM] Well, dangit

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, dangit
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:04:02 -0600
On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 12:35 AM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I suggested them as larger Domkes, with proper top openings.
>
> I would not buy them, although I've often looked at them, for a few
> reasons.
>
> - I don't see the point of buying canvas without a waterproof lining
> and/or cover.
>
> - I don't like the big, coarse snap hooks they use for closure. On big
> bags, maybe. On smaller ones, no. They bang into
> things, marring surfaces and making a lot of noise. They easily catch on
> things as you pass by closely. I guess they are
> a signature thing, but there are better alternatives.

All valid points, and all things that would have turned me off as well.

> I've said it before .. The older (some new still available on the 'Bay)
> LowePro PhotoRunner is still the best small
> waist/shoulder bag I know of for more than a single camera/lens.
> <
> http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1311.R1.TR11.TRC1.A0.Xlowepro+photo&_nkw=lowepro+photo+runner&_sacat=0&_from=R40
> >

> I can see several on the 'bay right now.  I've never worn one as a
beltpack before, but I can see advantages.  The PhotoRunner looks quite
useful.  And the ones that say, "There are some scuffs on the front" -
perfect.  Doesn't look shiny and new.

I'm talking about the one simply labeled PhotoRunner, without a number

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard