[OM] Carbon Fibre Tripods, any recommendations

Subject: [OM] Carbon Fibre Tripods, any recommendations
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 16:13:27 -0500 (EST)
>>> I’m planning to do some walking carrying a tripod and I’d like some
help
>>> with choosing one.  I have a Manfrotto (Bogen) 055C which is a bit
hefty,
>>> and a nice little Velbon Maxi, which is a bit titchy.  I’m looking
for a
>>> carbon fibre model, perhaps from Velbon, Giottos or Manfrotto.  The
>>> MT190CXPRO4 seems to be about the right size and weight, if a
little pricey.

Moose has the Pro 3 and should be back soon.

http://lists.tako.de/Olympus-OM/2011-04/msg01051.html
I believe they were released in 2008.

I'd consider the Pro 4 for its shorter fold up length.

http://gearshop.dpreview.com/Manfrotto-MT190CXPRO4-Carbon-Fiber-Tripod/dp/B00G36G76Q

Look at the video---   :-)

The Sirui CF is the most portable I know about but no movement in
center column but the new version allows for the CC to be removed.
Would weight it with the cam bag or some such to add stability.  I am
yet to find the Goldilocks solution.  sigh.
Always a trade off for portability and stability.  I was never smitten
by the gitzo traveler series so just lug my Explorer Gitzo or my
somewhat inadequate Velbon Maxi. I can adjust the angulation of the CC
on the Gitzo continuously unlike the Manfrotto.

For the smallest Sirui CF version you are stuck with their Ballhead but
it is A-S compatible.

http://www.sirui-photo.us/Sirui-T-0X-Tripod-Series.html

Still watching and waiting, Mike