[OM] Carbon Fibre Tripods, any recommendations

Subject: [OM] Carbon Fibre Tripods, any recommendations
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 12:26:09 +0000
Dear All

I’m planning to do some walking carrying a tripod and I’d like some help with
choosing one.  I have a Manfrotto (Bogen) 055C which is a bit hefty, and a nice
little Velbon Maxi, which is a bit titchy.  I’m looking for a carbon fibre
model, perhaps from Velbon, Giottos or Manfrotto.  The MT190CXPRO4 seems to be
about the right size and weight, if a little pricey.

Does anyone have any recent purchase that they could recommend?

Chris