[OM] Rubbish TV, was Re: Paul's PAW - more up from this past weekend

Subject: [OM] Rubbish TV, was Re: Paul's PAW - more up from this past weekend
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 10:21:48 +0000
You're right, Bob, I didn't mean to suggest that. :-)

I meant that too much British TV is set up that way to begin with; it's
probably a requirement of the management to ensure that shares are kept at a
reasonable level, or for the BBC to help with its funding now that the blasted
Government is loading more and more output on to the licence fee (e.g. the
World Service, taken from the Foreign Office's budget).

The BBC's management has its flaws and is often devoid of appropriate
connection with the real world when it comes to pay and severance etc . . .,
but the BBC is the best broadcaster in a horribly commercial media world.

I had no problem with that "newsreel" of Vietnam: it was pushing out some
imagery from the period and I didn't find it pornographic (although that is a
good use of that word).  But the quality of the BBC's output has been suffering
for some time and I resent that change.

Chris