Re: [OM] Shutter shock, VF lag, E-M1 vs. E-M5?

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter shock, VF lag, E-M1 vs. E-M5?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 08:34:14 -0500
If you don't have one of these for your E-M5 then get one ASAP.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/853226-REG/Olympus_V3291200W000_EP_11_Detachable_Eyecup.html>
It makes a huge difference to blocking side and rear light and is the
first extra I bought for my E-M5.

And for E-M1 owners there is this one
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1003643-REG/olympus_v329160bw000_ep_13_eyecup_for_om_d.html>

But note the reviews.  Glasses wearers typically don't like them.  I
only need reading glasses so compensate with the viewfinder's dioptric
correction.  Also, I've not had any problem with eyecups falling off or
needing to be removed to use the clip-on flash as 2 reviewers say. (The
flash comment is a total mystery to me.  One does have to push the top
edge of the eyecup down a few mm to install or remove the flash but that
is trivial)

Chuck Norcutt
(who also has the Canon 5D equivalent and who always
  uses aftermarket teardrop eyecups on his OMs)