Re: [OM] Shutter shock, VF lag, E-M1 vs. E-M5?

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter shock, VF lag, E-M1 vs. E-M5?
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 10:14:46 +0100
That's why Nikon developed their machine guns - 25 shots in a row or
more, of which ONE only will feature the much sought after ball
hitting the racket ....
Delete the remainder.

Suggestion: Try using the highest rate you can and anticipating?

Ph

Le 5 déc. 13 à 09:10, Peter Klein a écrit :

> The E-M5 viewfinder lag is an issue. I photographed a game of duffer
> tennis between two cousins, in the bright light of Austin, TX, and
> rarely got the ball in the frame, no less contacting the racket. And
> this is from a guy who can often nab the flicker of a smile on
> someone's
> face with a Leica. The only way I got the ball remotely where I wanted
> it was to open my non-viewfinder eye and use it to track the ball.
>
> Later I got geeky and tried to measure the delay (crudely) using a
> metronome.  I compared shooting it through the viewfinder and bare-
> eyed,
> and sure enough, there was a difference. About 1/8 of a second, give
> or
> take. Add another 1/8 second anti-shutter-shock delay, and we're
> talking
> in the neighborhood of 250 ms or 1/4 second. Significant.
>
> The thing is, the latest micro 4/3 EVF cameras are so wonderful at so
> many things. I can focus them manually (magnified) far more easily
> than
> I could ever focus a 1970s manual SLR.  Macro, great. Telephoto,
> great.
> General travel, portabilty, great. Color, great. Low light, not as
> good
> as the big heavy DSLRS, but still pretty darn good.
>
> As my wife says, "There is no perfect camera."
>
> --Peter

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE