Re: [OM] Pedant pressie

Subject: Re: [OM] Pedant pressie
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 10:45:31 -0500
We have a great big Italian machine (DeLonghi) tended by an expert (me) and
we have gotten addicted to the wonderful coffee it makes from beans grown
in Honduras and roasted in my AGA.  So much so that we don't even get
coffee in restaurants anymore because it's always a disappointment.

Tina

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Ah, what the English call a cafetiere (?) and everyone else, including the
> French I suspect, a plunger. Coffee in the UK is almost universally
> dreadful. Cafe Nero isn't too bad, but...
> Speaking as one who believes that coffee comes out of a bloody great big
> Italian machine tended by an expert, I find that plunger and filter stuff a
> weak and dull substitute. Even the French have caught up with that. They
> used to have two kinds of coffee - large and small (filter). But you can
> usually get an espresso in a Bar/Tabac these days. I do have a dark and
> hidden addiction to French coffee with Chicory,  a strange and shameful
> hangover from my childhood.
>
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.soultheft.com
>
> Author/Publisher:
> The SLR Compendium:
> revised edition -
> http://blur.by/19Hb8or
> The TLR Compendium
> http://blur.by/1eDpqN7
>

> On 01/12/2013, at 5:48 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
>
> > What Joan got at all the B&Bs save one was a two-cup French press gizmo
> loaded with coffee. As that's not something that automatically destroys
> coffee, I would guess it was the blend rather than the technology that was
> off-putting.
>
> --

Tina Manley