Re: [OM] A couple more Memphis shots

Subject: Re: [OM] A couple more Memphis shots
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 14:33:02 -0600
On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/27/2013 10:25 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Chris. I may have to play with it some more, since it's really
> > hard to control the colors. The box sign to the left is actually
> supposed to be white, but is getting a blue hue from
> > the sky which gets worse when I tried to bump the saturation so the
> other letters didn't look so washed-out.
>
> The problem is that you aren't using the right tool. I have no idea what
> the correct colors are, but doubt the facade is
> magenta. ;-)   This is NOT meant to be a finished product, just to
> indicate how one may control color in difficult
> situations. <
> http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Braun/Billy_Hardwicks.htm>
>
> P. S. Moose

That's closer, Moose.  The sign is too white - it was really a dirty, faded
white, more of a light grayish at this point, but definitely not the bluish
I got.  The facade was a faded magenta or reddish.

I'm going to be trying the PS CC option, so I'll play with it some more as
I learn other tools.  I think I really need to learn layers and masking and
how to flow between LR and PS.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard