Re: [OM] A couple more Memphis shots

Subject: Re: [OM] A couple more Memphis shots
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:55:39 -0800
On 11/27/2013 10:25 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> The chapel looks rather smashing, Paul, and you have captured it well, I
>> reckon.  I love the lighting and the texture of the wood and slats.
>>
>> The shot of Billy's Bowling Lanes is nicely duck-egg-blue, so I would not
>> change it to monochrome.  I remember watching a bowling competition on US
>> TV once, while I was staying in an Officers' Club somewhere, and I could
>> not watch for more than a few minutes without suicidal thoughts coming into
>> my head.

> Thanks, Chris. I may have to play with it some more, since it's really
> hard to control the colors. The box sign to the left is actually supposed to
> be white, but is getting a blue hue from
> the sky which gets worse when I tried to bump the saturation so the other
> letters didn't look so washed-out.

The problem is that you aren't using the right tool. I have no idea what the
correct colors are, but doubt the facade is
magenta. ;-)   This is NOT meant to be a finished product, just to indicate how
one may control color in difficult
situations.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Braun/Billy_Hardwicks.htm>

P. S. Moose