Re: [OM] Pedant pressie

Subject: Re: [OM] Pedant pressie
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 01:07:04 +1100
The classic guide was written by one Eric Blair, better known as George Orwell.
It is to be found on the web.
Personally? - filtered water (0.5 micron carbon cartridge), loose English
Breakfast tea. I'd use Yorkshire Tea if I could get it. The tea is hit by
boiling water while in a warm vessel (unlike coffee, it doesn't brew properly
at temperatures much below boiling). Five minutes. Milk and sugar are optional
- i use both. Raw (brown) sugar and a splash of unhomogenised full fat (4%)
milk. Cream? That sounds vile as is UHT 'milk'. fat reduced milk (it's only 4%
for gawd's sake) ad either soy or rice milk.
This is serious business.

The worst I've had recently was on a cross channel ferry where they provided me
with a cup of tepid water and a tea bag separately with a little thingy of UHT
milk. When I queried it, I was informed that boiling water was impossible
because of health and safety regulations. But they were French and knew no
better. I made my point by sticking my finger in the water and holding it
there. They were unimpressed, even though I know the French for 'disgusting'
and 'annoying' and used it.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com