Re: [OM] IMG: Comparison

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Comparison
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:33:53 -0500
I was mistaken about equivalent exposures on the EXIF data.  Now that I
take another look at it I see that they both have the same aperture but
the 21mm has a 2/3 stop greater exposure than the 35mm.  It's 1/3 stop
more sensitive on ISO and 1/3 stop greater exposure time on shutter
speed.  I'd have thought the exposure bias would be in the opposite
direction.  I'd expect the wider angle lens to see more sky and give the
scene less exposure.  From the EXIF data:

Focal Length    35 mm           21 mm
Exposure Time   1/125 sec       1/91 sec
Aperture        f/4.8           f/4.8
ISO Equivalent  160             200

Chuck Norcutt