Re: [OM] Another Visit to Round Pond

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Visit to Round Pond
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:36:57 -0800
On 11/21/2013 7:36 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Thanks for the tours and shots of all you folks.

My pleasure!

> It appears that the monarch's attempt to hitch a ride to Mexico was not
> successful.

I don't know how the Monarch's trip went.

Maximilian became a Monarch (Emperor), but he wasn't one when he left Europe,
nor did it last.

It was a smaller Flutterby's trip that ended on the Ford logo, possibly a Pearl
Crescent. :-)

W. A. Moose

PS: Very few Monarch Flutterbys this year in Maine. Even the butterfly garden
on MDI had only a couple of beat up ones
and a brief survey revealed no caterpillars or chrysalises. The joint was
jumping with them three years ago.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2010/Coastal%20Maine/Monarchs>