Re: [OM] Speaking of beer tasting [was Nathan's PAD 9/11/2013: a lovely

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of beer tasting [was Nathan's PAD 9/11/2013: a lovely señorita in a crowd of wine lovers]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 20:54:13 -0800
On 11/12/2013 11:33 PM, SwissPace wrote:
> I am envious and hope one day I can say the same of all my son's -

I wish that for you, too.

>   unfortunately one is setting himself very low standards which he is
> failing to achieve.

My other, older son is struggling these days.  He and his wife are at odds,
doing the complicated and exhausting 'are
we, aren't we, do we, don't we dance'.

She's a wizard at managing money for an employer, but they've been poor with
their own. She's now making what seems to
me very good money, but the accumulated debts are still a burden. Years of that
struggle, some employment problems and
raising two girls, now hitting hitting their teens, have taken their toll on
marital amity.

Feel better now? ;-)

> I must admit I don't think I was cut out for modern fatherhood,

I would ask, "Is anyone?", but in fact, that's where my older sons shines. I
seem to have done a decent job, but it was
mostly muddling through.

Grandpa Moose