Re: [OM] Spare wheels, was Scratch one BMW

Subject: Re: [OM] Spare wheels, was Scratch one BMW
From: "Jon Mitchell" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 23:54:28 -0000
Hi Chris,

Just a quick (tongue-in-cheek) response to your statistical argument:

"I'm saying that the higher your speed the more likely you are to hit a deer
that has made itself susceptible to such a collision by being there: sex or
no sex, it will avoid a noisy machine if it notices it."

Generally the faster you are going, the more noise you are making.  Surely
the extra noise makes the deer more likely to notice you, which negates the
greater chance that you may hit a deer that hasn't noticed you.

I must try that if I ever get stopped for speeding - "Sorry Officer, I was
driving faster so as to make more noise, thus more effectively alerting
other road users to my presence".  Yes, that might just work ... :-)  I
might choose to omit the bit about deer and their single-minded
concentration on sex though !

Anyway, Chris, that's all fine for you to say - you get your speed kicks a
few more feet above ground level :-)

Jon