Re: [OM] Risotto/paella/food

Subject: Re: [OM] Risotto/paella/food
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 09:14:03 -0500
> How hard is it to boil and mash potatoes!!  Read the ingredients and decide
> for yourself:

I don't disagree in the least. But there are several factors for me.

1. Hand numbness. CTS symptoms prevent me from enjoying safe cutting
and skinning of many food objects. Basically, if I can't do it with a
chef's knife, I'm less likely to do it.

2. Time factor. Most of the time I'm cooking for just myself. Or it's
Mom's at a meeting, it's Daddy's night to cook. For that, the girls
and I have a tradition--instant mashed potatoes and canned mini
hotdogs. I do have a certain way of making them, though.

3. Instant potatoes make a great thickening agent for things like
split-pea soup and such.  Oooo. I haven't make split-pea soup in a
while.

4. Some nutrition is better than none.

--
Ken Norton