Re: [OM] Keeping Your Laptop Plugged in All the Time Will Kill ItsBatter

Subject: Re: [OM] Keeping Your Laptop Plugged in All the Time Will Kill ItsBattery Faster
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 07:55:00 +0800
I won't worry about switching power supply, it consume very litttle energy
in low output mode. My wife's Samsung consume less than 2W even with
computer connected in sleep mode (no battery). My laser printer consume less
than 5W in sleep mode with Wi-Fi standby. My desktop consume less than 2W
when switched off.

For computer, if you want to save power, use the latest Intel CPU and a high
efficiency power supply. I have the 80 plus bronze, I would like to have the
sliver or gold but they are much more expensive. The uncertified power
supplies usually have around 70% efficiency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus

For phone, most users worry about the battery has too low capacity, lower
the charging level may not be a good idea. Smart phones draw a lots of power
(relatively), the battery won't stand at high cell voltge for too long. How
long the battery last may not be a big problem for smart phone users, most
of them change their phone in half to 2 years.

C.H.Ling