[OM] Way OT --subwoofer wiring question

Subject: [OM] Way OT --subwoofer wiring question
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 23:06:07 -0400 (EDT)
Have a new Paradigm powered Sub and a new A-V receiver  (AVR) as my
previous surround sound processor was on its last legs.(generous
assessment)
I still want to use my older passive sub sometimes and I can save
calibration settings for many configurations in the AVR.
There is one Sub out from the AVR and it has already been pre-amplified
best I can tell from the manual. I only want to have to fish one
speaker level amplified line to the passive sub
on the other side of the room though it has  left and right channel
inputs.  My plan was to split the Sub out from the AVR, bridge my spare
 power amp for mono and run that to the
passive sub.  Seems wasteful to not bridge it and then run (ugh)  two
lines as I'd have to split the pre-amplified  sub out signal again as
well. That is question 1 whether bridging for mono is the way to go.

   Is it necessary to  split the output to both the rt and left inputs
for the passive sub? (question 2)  Not sure what impedances the power
amp would see and I am way rusty at this.
One thing cool about the powered sub is that one can calibrate it with
included software and mic.  Fun if nothing else. Seems a bit more
accurate but no quick A-B possible.
They really don't think one uses legacy gear either as no turntable
preamp included.  (sigh).

Any help appreciated.

Low frequency audio questioner, Mike