[OM] (OM) Four new images up

Subject: [OM] (OM) Four new images up
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:39:40 +1200
OM? Well at least one was taken using the 100/2.

Three new photos up at boy flowers-girl flowers

A new Magnolia photo at

This variety, bred by Magnolia grower Felix Jury, is world-famous in New
Zealand !
I have just ordered one for our garden,. I first became aware of this variety a
couple
of years ago when I spotted it in the garden of an old friend. It was not
available
commercially then; I checked out suppliers all over NZ. Last week, I was
reminded
of it again and did a check. Surprisingly, several nurseries have grown it
again ( they
are all grafted plants) and it looks as though I might have one right at the
end of the
spring transplanting season. Hopefully it will arrive by courier this week.
It's coming
from a grower in Cambridge, just south of Auckland, so it has a long way to
travel.

New Zealand has no native magnolia species; all are from overseas, and most,
unlike the one that Tina presented us with, are deciduous, being leafless in
winter.

This photo is a re-working of a shot I took 2 years ago. I've only just noticed
its
potential.

Brian Swale