Re: [OM] Way OT --subwoofer wiring question

Subject: Re: [OM] Way OT --subwoofer wiring question
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <mark.marrlyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 19:46:40 -0600
I sort of lost track what's driving the sub. If it's the amplified
subwoofer output of your new receiver, then just hooking up one coil should
work fine. If you're bridging another amp and using it, you'll probably
want to check the impedance of the coils and the specifications for the
amp. In bridged mode, the minimum impedance that the amp is rated for may
be higher than in stereo mode. If the impedance of a single coil is too
low, putting both coils in series should help get the load in the amp's
range.

Mark

So I take it the passive sub must have a dual coil driver and I should