[OM] Way OT --subwoofer wiring question

Subject: [OM] Way OT --subwoofer wiring question
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 18:42:05 -0400 (EDT)
Ken makes a good point about the damping ability of teh amp. Probably
worth a try to see if the added sub makes things better or worse. I can
control the cross over point at the AVR though can choose to use the
crossover in the powered sub for that one if desired. All the
permutations get confusing. I read that two subs at mid pints at
opposing walls can be quite good . Some say adds "spaciousness" to the
bass but can more often than not be a detriment for home theatre
applications--don't understand that well. See white paper below for
details and has a cool modeling experiment with 5000 subs in one room.
:-)

So I take it the passive sub must have a dual coil driver and I should
just hook up one. Waiting for at least a +1
from the list that I interpreted this correctly.

2 subs plenty, Mike

http://www.harman.com/EN-US/OurCompany/Innovation/Documents/White%20Papers/multsubs.pdf