Re: [OM] E-M1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:26:27 -0600
> Just got the pre-order email from Olympus... Has some nice features, but at
> $1400 for just the body,  even if we were back to two incomes, that's a bit
> high for me.  I am a bit annoyed that the battery grip for this one is $100
> less than the one for the E-M5, though.

They have the prices for it up in "serious camera land". As nice as
this thing is, if given a choice between it and the other serious
cameras, it's a long row to hoe. I still think that Olympus is
obsessed with size and haven't realized that just maybe they've gone
too far with it--especially considering that as a "serious camera" it
needs to handle and operate like a serious camera.

On a positive note, in a year, it will be affordable. But so will the
full-frame cameras...

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx