Re: [OM] My first attempt at HDR

Subject: Re: [OM] My first attempt at HDR
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:04:02 -0600
> Using Google I located the drag strip at "7920 Clay Street, Hobart, IN",
> set the pointer on I-30  within TPR and determined that Sept. 20-26
> should be good dates to catch the sun over the track.  The sun will be
> setting between 6:34 and 6:40 pm on those dates.  That should give you
> enough leeway for bad weather.  Mark your calendar.

Agreed. Sunset at exactly that angle would be about September 23. But
I'd back up a few days to let it be above the vegitation. September 20
would give you just one degree of elevation. The 18th would give you
about 2.5 degrees. Past the 23rd and you're toast. You'll have good
photographic opportunites for the entire week leading up to it. With a
wide-angle lens, you'll have two weeks.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx