Re: [OM] [ OT] Question for our pilots

Subject: Re: [OM] [ OT] Question for our pilots
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 16:13:56 -0500
Thanks, Chris.  You are correct. However, even near an airport, they
must watch their altitude, though those high-aspect-ratio wings provide
a very low sink rate.  We recently had one get too low on an approach to
the municipal airport, which has long runways, and he ended up in a
tree.  The tree was in a flat valley, and was below runway elevation. :-[

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA